Future CPD activities:
UKLPG Annual Liver Update Meeting
Thursday - November 5th 2020 1-5pm
This meeting will be held as a half day virtual meeting by Zoom.
It will include discussions of Liver EQA circulations LV together with discussion of educational cases circulated.
There will also be presentations by the leads of four of the Special Interest Groups of the British Association for the Study of the Liver (HCC, Cholangiocarcinoma, NAFLD, immune liver disease) - those most relevant to pathologists about the aims of their groups.
The programme is available here
For registration - please use the link emailed from Kara to liver EQA members on 9th October 2020.
British Liver Transplant Group meeting
This year annual BLTG meeting linked to BASL has been postponed.
The UKLPG has arranged a virtual meeting for three presentations from the September 2019
Banff Transplant Pathology meeting.
This was held on Wednesday 7th October 3-5pm using Microsoft Teams.
The programme for the meeting is:
- Update from Liver Sessions 1 - clinical/diagnostic aspects (Stefan Hubscher)
- Update from Liver Sessions 2 - molecular/basic aspects (Chris Bellamy)
- Update on Digital Pathology and Steatosis Assessment (Desley Neil)
To register and obtain a link to join the meeting, please email email@example.com
This is open to pathologists who would like to learn more about transplant pathology but do not work in one of the eight Liver Transplant Centres.
IAP and ESP Joint Congress - re-arranged as a Virtual Congress for 6-8th December 2020.
The 32nd European Congress of Pathology and the XXXIII International Congress of the International Academy of Pathology (IAP), which will now be a Virtual Congress from 6-8th December 2020.
The liver pathology sessions are:
- On the afternoon of Sunday 6th December - The evolving role of liver biopsy in 2020
- On the afternoon of Monday 7th December - Recent advances in hepatobiliary and pancreatic neoplasia
Link for registration is here